Visiting www.privatum.be? Our website can automatically place so-called ‘cookies’ on your computer’s hard drive. That way, we can bring your browsing experience up to the next level: cookies allow our website to perform better and to make sure the website is tailored to your wishes and preferences.
1. WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are small text files that are stored on your computer when you visit a website. This allows the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as language, font, view options etc.) for a certain period of time. The advantage is that when you visit the website again or navigate between different web pages, you don’t have to set your preferences again.
Cookies are used to simplify and improve your browsing experience. When you visit the website, cookies ensure your personal settings are retrieved. In addition, cookies collect information about how the website was accessed. That way, we can improve the website’s general performance with regard to speed and operation.
Cookies never work independently and are always linked to a website. Cookies never access any data located on your computer or phone.
If you don’t want a website to place cookies on your computer, you can modify your browser settings accordingly.
2. MANAGING COOKIES.
Most browsers accept cookies automatically. You can set your browser so that you receive a notification before any cookies are placed or so that cookies are prevented from being placed. Refer to the following links for more information about browser settings:
- Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=nl
- Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/nl-nl/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- Mozilla Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/nl/kb/cookies-in-en-uitschakelen-websites-voorkeuren?redirectlocale=nl&redirectslug=Cookies+in-+en+uitschakelen
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/kb/PH19214?locale=en_US
Keep in mind that changing the settings might cause the website to no longer function as expected.
If you are using several devices to visit a website, you must ensure your cookie preferences are set for the browsers on each device.
You can find more information about managing cookies via http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/. In addition, you can use the following websites to choose from which companies you no longer wish to receive cookies: http://www.aboutads.info/choices/#completed and http://www.youronlinechoices.com/.
3. TYPES OF COOKIES
- Strictly necessary cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and to use the linked features. These cookies do not identify you as an individual. By refusing to accept these cookies, several features within the website will be (partially) disrupted.
- Functionality cookies enhance the website’s user friendliness by remembering your choices (e.g. language preference). These ensure that certain settings are customised upon your request. If you refuse to accept these cookies, this may affect the website’s performance and functionality and it can limit your access to the website’s content.
- Performance/Analytical cookies collect information about a website’s use, such as the number of visitors, the time visitors spend on certain pages and possible error messages. They help Joyn to improve the website’s performance. These cookies do not identify you as an individual.
- Advertising Cookies are used to deliver content more relevant to you. They can be used to deliver targeted advertisements or limit the number of times you see an advertisement. They also help us measure the effectiveness of advertising campaigns on the Joyn websites. We can use these cookies to remember which websites you visited and we can share this information with third parties, including advertisers and our offices.
- Third party cookies. First party cookies are cookies that are sent from our servers or domains, wherefrom the requested service is offered. Third party cookies are cookies sent to your browser from a server or domain that is not managed by Joyn, but by a cooperating organisation. Only these third parties have access to those cookies and to the information collected by the cookies.
4. WHAT COOKIES ARE USED?
|Google maps cookies
|We use Google maps to show our office locations on a map. We use Google Maps API for this feature. Google places a PREF-cookie on your computer and the zoom level, the chosen language and the region are stored.||https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en|
|Performance/Analytical cookies||This cookie tracks from which website you are visiting the Privatum website. It is valid for 6 months.||https://matomo.org/privacy-policy/|
|Performance/Analytical cookies||This optional cookie is placed on your computer when, for example, you participate in a survey. The cookie prevents you from being asked to participate in the same survey a second time. This cookie is valid for 13 months.||https://matomo.org/privacy-policy/|
|_pk_id||Performance/Analytical cookies||This cookie determines if you are a new or returning visitor. This cookie is valid for 13 months.||https://matomo.org/privacy-policy/|
|_pk_ses||Performance/Analytical cookies||This cookie determines which pages you have visited on Privatum. The cookie is only valid during that specific visit.||https://matomo.org/privacy-policy/|